Monday, January 24, 2011

Cave Art

Today what caught my attention in class was the cave art. I believe that there is sort of a connection  between how far someone reached in the cave and in their art. For example in the entrance there were grand murals painted and I saw this as something that the whole "community" saw as beautiful. Yet when you travel deeper in the cave the paintings change and I see them as becoming more personally beautiful to the artist. Because when people are passionate about what they do it gives the object more intensity and relevance. Also they had to work harder and it gave them time to understand and express what they saw as beautiful.

12 comments:

  1. A very interesting way to look at the cave art! I never thought about it that way, but it totally makes sense! A very early form of personal expression! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I Was Here For "Comment friday"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey remember everybody today is “comment friday”!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I was here for comment Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I Was Here For Comment Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephany,

    You haven't posted much... did you drop the class?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So we are in the same group and I can't wait to read your future blogs.
    p.s. your page design reminds me of a Victoria's secret bag.

    ReplyDelete